Australia’s two most vibrant cities, Sydney and Melbourne, are destinations that are not to be missed. Whether you’re looking to explore the bustling city streets, relax on a pristine beach, or indulge in some of the finest cuisine and wine the country has to offer, you’ll find it all here. And when it comes to accommodation, both cities offer an array of hotels that cater to all budgets and preferences.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the top hotels to stay in from Sydney to Melbourne, whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure.
Luxury Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
If you’re looking to indulge in the best that Sydney and Melbourne have to offer, there’s no shortage of luxurious hotels to choose from. Here are some of the top picks:
- The Langham, Sydney – Located in the heart of the city, this elegant hotel offers luxurious rooms and suites with views of Sydney Harbour or the city skyline. Guests can enjoy a range of facilities including a spa, fitness center, and fine dining restaurant.
- Park Hyatt Sydney – Set on the waterfront in the historic Rocks district, this hotel boasts stunning views of Sydney Harbour and the iconic Opera House. The elegant rooms and suites feature contemporary furnishings and modern amenities.
- The Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney – Situated in the heart of the city, this luxurious hotel offers panoramic views of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House. Guests can indulge in the hotel’s spa, fitness center, and award-winning dining options.
- The Langham, Melbourne – This elegant hotel offers spacious rooms with city or river views, a luxury spa, and a chic restaurant serving contemporary cuisine.
- Crown Towers Melbourne – Located in the heart of the city, this stylish hotel features luxurious rooms and suites with panoramic views, a rooftop bar and infinity pool, and a wide range of dining options.
- The Westin Melbourne – With its classic architecture and sophisticated decor, this hotel offers plush rooms and suites, a world-class spa, and a fine dining restaurant serving modern Australian cuisine.
Boutique Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
If you’re looking for a unique and personalized experience, boutique hotels are the way to go. Here are some of the top boutique hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
- The Old Clare Hotel, Sydney: This boutique hotel is housed in a restored heritage building in the trendy Chippendale neighborhood. With its chic design, rooftop pool, and award-winning restaurants, The Old Clare is the perfect choice for those looking for a stylish stay in Sydney.
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo, Sydney: This trendy boutique hotel is housed in a heritage-listed wharf building and offers stylish rooms and suites with harbor views, an indoor pool, and a rooftop terrace bar.
- The Cullen, Melbourne: Located in the trendy Prahran neighborhood, this boutique hotel features art-inspired rooms and suites, a gym, and a chic restaurant and bar serving modern Australian cuisine.
- The Prince Hotel, Melbourne: This boutique hotel is located in the trendy St Kilda neighborhood, and offers stylish rooms and suites, an award-winning restaurant, and a rooftop bar with stunning views of the city skyline. The Prince Hotel is the perfect choice for those looking for a stylish stay in Melbourne.
Budget-Friendly Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
If you’re looking for a unique and personalized experience, Budget-Friendly Hotels are the way to go. Here are some of the top Budget-Friendly Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
- The Capsule Hotel – Sydney: A unique budget hotel in the heart of Sydney, offering capsule-style accommodation at affordable prices.
- ibis Budget Hotel – Melbourne: Located in the CBD, this budget hotel offers clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price.
- Base Backpackers – Sydney: A popular hostel in the heart of the city, offering budget-friendly private rooms and dorms.
- Space Hotel – Melbourne: This budget hotel offers stylish and comfortable rooms at an affordable price, located in the CBD.
Family-Friendly Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
- Novotel Sydney Darling Square: This family-friendly hotel offers spacious rooms and suites, an indoor pool, and a central location in Sydney.
- The Langham, Melbourne: A luxurious family-friendly hotel in Melbourne, offering spacious rooms, a pool, and a range of family activities.
- The Sebel Sydney Manly Beach: Located on Manly Beach, this family-friendly hotel offers spacious apartments and a range of family activities.
- Oaks Melbourne on Market Hotel: This family-friendly hotel is located in the CBD and offers spacious apartments, a pool, and a range of family activities.
Pet-Friendly Hotels in Sydney and Melbourne:
- The Langham, Sydney: This luxurious pet-friendly hotel welcomes pets of all sizes and offers a range of pet-friendly amenities.
- Adina Apartment Hotel – Melbourne: This pet-friendly hotel offers spacious apartments and a central location in Melbourne.
- Four Seasons Hotel – Sydney: This pet-friendly hotel welcomes pets of all sizes and offers a range of pet-friendly amenities.
You May Also Like:
Are there any hotels in Sydney and Melbourne with scenic views?
Answer: Yes, there are several hotels in both cities with stunning scenic views, such as the Park Hyatt Sydney, the Four Seasons Hotel Sydney, and the Crown Towers Melbourne.
What are some popular areas to stay in Sydney and Melbourne?
Answer: In Sydney, popular areas to stay include the CBD, The Rocks, and Darling Harbour, while in Melbourne, popular areas to stay include the CBD, Southbank, and St Kilda.
Are there any hotels in Sydney and Melbourne that offer airport shuttle services?
Answer: Yes, many hotels in both cities offer airport shuttle services, such as the Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport and the Holiday Inn Melbourne Airport. It’s best to check with the hotel directly to see if they offer this service.
Whether you’re planning a luxurious getaway or a budget-friendly trip, Sydney and Melbourne offer a wide range of hotels to suit every taste and budget. From opulent five-star hotels with breathtaking views to charming boutique hotels with unique character, you’ll be spoiled for choice. So, take your pick from our list of the top hotels in Australia’s most vibrant cities and get ready to experience the best of what these amazing destinations have to offer!